Saturday, September 4, 2010

Zack and I are all party, party, party these days. Two of the Himes girls, who we are currently living with, have had birthdays within the past two weeks. I was on the decoration committee hanging cellophane, draping tulle, making minotaurs. I'm pretty sure none of my birthday parties growing up were quite as epic.

Last night we were made aware of a "open bar" going down at a place up the street which we were told would provide free booze. I was a bit skeptical about the place, assuming that the bar would probably be filled with the typical queens crowd, but was completely content ten minutes later as tequila was being poured directly into my mouth by a sweaty, dancing Greek. Was it all a dream? Sometimes I'm not sure.

In other news, I got an internship with an artist in Brooklyn who makes cool stuff out of plastic bottles. It's unpaid and a bit like working in a sweat shop, but it's pretty fun making art for art's sake. Sometimes I forget that real people actually do that for a living.

No comments: