Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Surprise friends, yesterday I got a tattoo. It's a little bigger than I anticipated, and it also hurt a bit more than I expected, and took 4 hours.


The image is of a Seraph (angel), the six-winged, many eyed, fiery beings that constantly soar around God and chant hymns.

The text is called the Cherubic Hymn: We who mystically represent the Cherubim, and who chant the thrice holy hymn to the Life-Giving Trinity, let us now lay aside all earthly cares that we may receive the King of All, who comes invisibly upborne by the angelic hosts.

It still hurts a lot.

Ps, lets keep this on the DL, as in, no mentioning it on facebook. I haven't exactly told my parents yet.

2 comments:

katie said...

That is amazing. Congrats.

Beth said...

oh, what will your mother say. awesome! i have been considering one myself, especially after working with so many tattooed individuals.