Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today, after a picnic alongside the Potomac river followed by a sudden, debilitating case of cramps, I sit in a glowing peach colored room, surrounded by chocolate bars, cheez-its, and a heap of freshly washed laundry.

Things are going pretty well here in Bethesda, although I'm not exactly sure what do with myself most of the time. The weather here is hot and sticky. I miss Portland the most on long car rides through the congested streets of DC in the decrepit family van which allows for neither A/C or open windows.

We've slowly begun the process of taking down the web of photos, cards, and tape that surrounded Cindy's bed to reveal a glimpse of the pink walls beneath. The house is still filled with family and screaming children even now. Yesterday evening I returned to our room to discover that the two youngest nieces had decided to play dress up with the entire contents of my suitcase which was now laid to waste across the bedroom floor. Sometimes I struggle to find the desire to have children.

2 comments:

katie said...

this made me laugh. i'm glad you're doing well for the most part. send my love to your hubby.

Trevor Doss said...

i like when other ppl wear my clothes. it interests me to no end. its like i always see this shirt, but only on me, or on the ground. its kind of mind boggling sometimes that this shirt could even exist without me. ya know? ANyWAYS