Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New York is damn hot. The air conditioned subways are a refreshing break from the sweltering heat trapped in the people filled tunnels. Last night Chris convinced Zack, cousin Aaron, and I to go to a "pop/punk" show in an abandoned party store which quickly turned into the four of us standing in a deserted room surrounded by possible cocaine dealers while subjecting ourselves to music Chris later described as "the sound of garbage being run over by a car." It was truly terrible. I'm sure Zack will soon be drafting a screenplay about the night.

Today we spent a good amount of time reading children's books at Barnes & Noble with the nieces. Why did I ever stop reading Dr. Seuss before bed? Whadda genius.




Hey you, what is your favorite children's book?

2 comments:

katie said...

Roll of thunder, hear my cry.

I miss you. I'm glad you two are doing well in new york. So adventurous!

The Slave Trade said...

favorite book as a kid was 20,000 leagues under the sea and the little prince